What to Expect if You Go to the ER After a Car Accident

If you’re involved in a car accident, when should you go to the emergency room for care? Likewise, how do you know if your injuries are severe enough for medical care? If you didn’t cause the auto accident, are you responsible for the costs that come with an emergency visit? These are all common questions to consider if you find yourself injured following an auto accident.

When to Go to the ER Following an Auto Accident

It is best to receive immediate medical care for any injuries you sustain from being in an auto accident. Even if the injury feels minimal, it is possible that the adrenaline from the accident is masking it. The medical team will be better prepared to help the earlier they evaluate you. Once you inform the ER medical team that you were in an accident, they will likely complete a thorough evaluation. This might include imaging or overnight observation.

Why Medical Care May Also Be Important to Your Case

In addition to your health, a visit to the ER may also be necessary for your case. If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may need to prove this later. If you wait to receive medical care, it can be difficult to connect your symptoms to the accident.

Recoverable Costs Following an Auto Accident

Fortunately, if someone else is to blame for the accident, you may be able to recover some of your costs. You may be able to recover costs like:

  • Emergency medical costs
  • Ongoing medical costs
  • Prescription costs
  • Rehabilitative care

Documenting your injury as soon as possible provides you with the evidence that you may need to demonstrate someone else’s liability in the accident. Medical records and doctor statements can also prove that you experienced an injury in the auto accident that will cost you now, and potentially, later.

When to Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer

If you experienced injuries in a car accident, it is always a good idea to at least consult with a lawyer. New Jersey is a no-fault auto insurance state, which means it is not always easy to get the funds you need to cover your damages. If you don’t have full coverage, you may be left to cover your medical costs out of pocket.

If someone else was responsible for the accident, however, they may be the one responsible for your medical costs. A personal injury lawyer can help you collect the details of your case, determining who is responsible. Once we identify who is at fault, we can calculate the value of your case. This value will include all medical-related costs, as well as property damages and any non-economic costs. Non-economic costs may include things like diminished earning or pain and suffering.

Talk With a Compassionate Car Accident Lawyer Today

You shouldn’t have to deal with the financial implications of an auto accident if someone else’s negligence led to your injuries. We’re here for you every step of the way, fighting for your justice and getting you the funds you need to recover from your injuries. We handle all aspects of the case, allowing you to focus on your recovery.

Contact an Egg Harbor Personal Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Car Accident Case in New Jersey

Did you or a loved one sustain serious injuries due to a car accident in New Jersey? Don’t let the medical bills pile up while you wait for the negligent party or their insurance company to do the right thing. Right now, you need an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need, want, and deserve. The skilled attorneys at The Law Offices of Richard A. Stoloff represent clients injured because of a car accident in Egg Harbor, Atlantic City, Galloway Township, Hamilton, and throughout New Jersey. Call (609) 601-2233 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation about your case. We have an office conveniently located at 605 New Road, Linwood, NJ 08221, as well as an office in Philadelphia, PA.

The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.