Common Spinal Injuries and Preventative Measures in Hamilton Township, NJ
As we age, back pain, injuries, and conditions become more common. Understanding the most frequent types of back injuries and conditions can help you prevent these debilitating painful episodes. A number of spinal injuries can occur as a result of a motor vehicle accident or even medical malpractice. It’s important to recognize when you may have been injured in a car accident or via a doctor. Contact our offices today to schedule a free consultation if you have suffered a spinal injury as a result of an accident.
Common Spinal Injuries and Conditions in Atlantic City, NJ
Spinal conditions can occur naturally as a result of age, or they can be brought on as a result of an injury or strain. As the back muscles become weakened, some sensations can become abnormal or even paralyzed. Individuals may struggle to control other bodily functions such as their bladder and bowels. In many cases, rehabilitation is necessary to successfully recover back functioning. The most common types of spinal injuries and conditions include:
- Cervical disc herniation
- Lower back sprain
- Lumbar disk herniation
- Neck sprain
- Cervical Stenosis
- Cervical degenerative disc disease
Tips for Overall Spine Health and Preventing Injury
Some of the most common causes of spinal injuries include falls, assaults, sports injuries, and car crashes. These types of accidents are often difficult to foresee or prevent, but there are certain measures you can take to help keep your overall spine health at an optimum level. These tips can help you overcome injuries, manage pain caused by certain conditions and prevent future spinal issues:
- Strengthen your Core: Keeping your core muscles fit and strong is one of the most recommended strategies for preventing serious spinal injuries. Exercises that are low-impact and involve cardiovascular stimulation, such as walking or using an elliptical machine, are the perfect way to increase positive blood flow to your spine.
- Stay hydrated: It may seem like an overused cliché, but drinking enough water is one of the most important health tips to take to heart. An appropriate water intake will enhance the functioning of intervertebral disks. These important disks often function as shock absorbers to help reduce the chance of injury when they are working at an optimum level.
- Avoid reckless behavior: Practicing safe driving, adhering to proper lifting techniques, following water safety diving rules and avoiding dangerous falls all play a major role in preventing serious spinal injury. While no one can avoid all accidents, consistently avoiding recklessness and practicing mindfulness can drastically reduce the likelihood of getting injured.
- Limit sitting time: Surprisingly, sitting too much can cause spinal injury. Sitting down puts a greater amount of strain on a person’s lower back than standing or walking. If you sit for long periods, then make an effort to take a break to stretch and walk frequently.
Contact a Linwood Personal Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Spinal Injury Case in New Jersey
Did you or a loved one sustain serious spinal injuries in New Jersey? Don’t let the medical bills pile up while you wait for the negligent party, or their insurance company, to do the right thing. Right now, you need an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need, want, and deserve. The skilled attorneys at The Law Offices of Richard A. Stoloff represent spinal injury victims in Linwood, Atlantic City, Egg Harbor Township, Hammonton and throughout New Jersey. Call (609) 601-2233 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation about your case. We have an office conveniently located at 605 New Road, 1st Floor, Linwood, NJ 08221, as well as our offices in Philadelphia, PA.
The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.